Thursday, September 21, 2006

Rusch-Feja's "Libraries: Digital..."

I was glad this article was short. No doubt I'm in the minority here, but when I hear the word "virtual," I tend to fade out, for unlike many, I was not born technologically inclined (you may have noticed how long it took me to get my blog going!). However, there's obviously no doubt like the present to remedy the situation, and as I read Rusch-Feja's discussion, I began more to appreciate the complimentary relationship between the concrete and virtual realms as applied to the library role. Virtual realities are an amazing tool to be used when trying to obtain information, but, by definition, a tool cannot be without someone(s) to manipulate (or in this case navigate) it; the "hybrid library"--I'm all for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home